Hoodia Gordonii Weight Loss Scams exposed!
.If you’ve been online recently to check your email, it is quite probable that you’ve already heard of this new weight loss supplement - Hoodia Gordonii and it’s “magical” powers, at least that is what one is led to believe.
One would think if this and all the other wonder supplements out there actually worked, our country would not rank in the top ten overweight countries in the world. (forbes.com)
After reviewing several hoodia gordonii products we have found UniqueHoodia to be the best and most effective for fast weight loss. You may continue to read our reviews-
UniqueHoodia™ - The perfect alternative for fast weight loss
|Guarantee||6 months - Money Back|
|Cost||From $30 per pack|
|Media Exposure||Hoodia has featured on television shows around the World including abc, BBC, and CBS.|
So, it is becoming apparent that all those miraculous products do not work, at least not for everyone, but how can Hoodia fall into that category? The supplement is every where these days ; magazines, websites and even TV personalities are hyping it.
Although it would be great to just take a supplement - a hoodia gordonii pill and melt the fat away, it is highly unlikely it will happen and definitely not at the speed hoodia companies often promote. For the most part the companies are popping lies like we are popping pills. Therefore, we need to find out who can be trusted.
It is our attempt here to fill you the consumer in on the pros and cons of the supplement’s world new rage - All Hoodia Gordonii Scams busted!!
Let me tell you right now that 90% of the companies selling hoodia are making false claims of their true hoodia content and their products are nothing but gimmicks. So if you are Looking to Lose Weight With Hoodia, it is your duty to read this article fully - and realize howhoodia scam started!
In about the spring of 2004 Hoodia and its big promises started to surface on the market. With everyone hooked, the little plant found in South Africa was suddenly in demand.
South African’s hoodia suppliers who produced that cactus like plant were suddenly finding it hard to keep up with the demand. The Hoodia Gordonii plant usually can take about 5-7 years to mature. The popular succulent plant now was suddenly very hard to come by.
Fixing the Problem in South Africa
In attempts to keep up with the demand, those who produced the hoodia crop were manipulating the raw materials supplied to commercial buyers of hoodia in such ways like:
* Mixing the Hoodia plant’s roots into the materials, thus eliminating the effective chemical materials that allow Hoodia Gordonii to suppress one’s appetite. The hoodia plants roots do not have any appetite suppressing qualities.
* They would also harvest other herbs/plants that were very similar to Hoodia, but which did not have appetite suppressing qualities like hoodia. The ingredients were able to pass the eye of a microscopy test (it was similar in appearance under the lenses), but would not pass TLC and HPLC tests(chromatographic tests of authenticity) that were ran.
* Silica, sawdust, leaves and other additives were placed in as fillers by the suppliers. They were junk ingredients and were of no use except increasing the amount of “apparent hoodia” supplied. These methods are still used by fly-by-night operations that solicit over the web.
* When a buyer wanted to test a sample, the South African companies provided a genuine sample of hoodia gordonii. But once a large-volume order was placed, the bulk ingredients turned out to be counterfeit. Many commercial buyers were duped by South African hoodia suppliers who used these tactics. But at the same time many companies in US also realized with all the money flowing, that using authentic hoodia was irrelevant. As long as people were buying the product, they apparently thought, it didn’t really matter what was in the capsules!! So even they started marketing and selling Bullshit products that had little original hoodia in them, the one helpful for weight loss.
Does Hoodia Work! - The big picture
Hoodia is so publicized these days it almost has to work and many do believe in its effectiveness.
The products sold from reliable companies have garnered effective results, as long as it’s a genuine hoodia product containing appreciable quantity of real pure hoodia and not a fake one. As far as results from real hoodia are concerned - Those in the fitness industry have dubbed the product astounding. As well, there are many people who claim it helped a lot in controlling their appetite.
Clinical studies have shown that obese people can reduce their caloric intake by 30 to 40% and therefore significantly improve their weight loss chances if they are given significant amount of pure hoodia. The supplement does seem to be pretty effective when used properly.
In 2001 Phytopharm (a pharmaceutical company with a plant extract division dedicated to finding the chemical entities in medicinal plants and herbs) completed a double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical study in overweight, but otherwise healthy volunteers using the P57 extract (the active ingredient in hoodia gordonii believed to be responsible for appetite suppressing ability helpful for weight loss) from Hoodia gordonii.
The participants were split into two groups, one group received the P57 and the other received a placebo. Both groups were told to continue their normal diet and exercise. The results were as follows:
When comparing the P57 group to the Placebo group:
- The P57 group had a statistically significant reduction in body fat.
- The P57 group had a statistically significant reduction in caloric intake.
- The P57 had no adverse side effects.
Are there hoodia side effects? Is hoodia safe?
Unlike other supplements on the market, Hoodia will not make you feel jittery. Hoodia is one of those weight loss products on the market, that are considered to be safe. If you are buying a hoodia product based out of 100% pure hoodia gordonii you can be sure it would be without side effects. As long as the supplement is used in combination with a good night sleep, there does not seem to be any drowsiness caused from its ingestion, as with other supplements.
Hoodia and Unethical marketing on the Web
Today there seem to be tons of products on the shelf with the ridiculous claims of weight loss, but only a few products on the market possess the genuine Hoodia.
Companies are still pulling a profit on the supplement, legit or not. Numerous sites are popping up with fake superlatives and artificial testimonials. Many of their hoodia product comparison charts are actually, believe it or not, prepared themselves.
One way that these companies use is by making search engines and websites, with bogus hoodia products comparison charts that actually place self-serving product recommendations at the top of the list. So, even if their site actually compares different hoodia diet products, you never know that all those products are owned by the same company who has gone on to present the hoodia products comparison and reviews before the consumers. Some of their sites will hold fake products links and even weaker products, such as gums, drinks/ and patches that have never been shown to be effective, but because they are linked to their site many people assume they work as well like the pills. There is little to no scientific research backing the gums and patches, only the pills have been researched.
The pure Hoodia is scarce and quite expensive in pill form; a bottle of pills lasting about a month will run you about just under $70. You’ll run into companies claiming their Hoodia gum is the total package being all-natural, stimulant free, appetite suppressant, and energy booster. Some even claim their Hoodia patches absorb in the system quicker than the pill forms. Whether it is pill or patch there are many factors the customer needs to consider.
1. For it to be truly effective(as most experts say) you need at least 1.5-3 grams of pure Hoodia on a daily basis to effectively curb your appetite. You probably won’t achieve the same results through gums and patches since they simply can’t deliver that much quantity. As well, finding products like gums, patches, tea containing the pure hoodia is not likely to be found on the market, as they are very rare.
2. While scientific studies have been done on Hoodia diet pills, relevant studies pertaining to the patches and chewing gums are not likely to be found. They are often compared to the nicotine and birth control patches and people automatically assume they will work as well. Unlike the birth control and nicotine patches, Hoodia patches do not require a prescription, nor are they backed by research. So their effectiveness is just not guaranteed. So take this advice - JUST run away from hoodia patches.
What Hoodia companies Can Be Trusted?
With many companies on the market these days, it may be hard to believe any of their claims. Just do an Internet search or watch TV after midnight and you will be greeted with ads proclaiming they are the one. It can be really difficult to decipher who is truthful and who is just another gimmick.
We have been working hard to find out companies that actually have significant quantity of real hoodia(actually helpful for appetite control) in their products. There really are only a handful of hoodia companies that can be considered trust worthy -
Full money-back guarantee so you can enjoy risk-free weight loss
The manufacturers are so confident that UniqueHoodia™ will work for you that they are offering you a complete 6 month money-back guarantee with every order. This means your purchase is not just risk-free to your health but risk-free to your wallet too.
There is no better Hoodia product available to you. UniqueHoodia™ is, as the name suggests……..unique! It has more pills per box, more pure hoodia per pill and gives you a better chance of becoming your ideal weight than any other hoodia product.
Why buy UniqueHoodia™ today ? Made from real, unaltered, pure South African Hoodia Gordonii
Ingredients clinically proven to suppress your appetite and help you to lose weight
460mg of Hoodia in every little pill, more than any other product
High demand means stocks are low - don’t delay!
90 pills per box - 30 more than most Hoodia products!
* 24 hour support via phone and email
* Full 6 month money-back guarantee
* Exclusive discount offers
* Fast, discreet, and free shipping
* A massive 90 pills per box
* 460mg of 100% pure Hoodia Gordonii
2. Desert Burn -Another company that seems to lead the pack in efficiency is, Desert Burn. Out of all their products, the one that may be most recommended would have to be King Hoodia. King Hoodia is an upgrade to their original product that contained about 750mg of pure Hoodia Gordonii per serving. King Hoodia also contains 100% pure Hoodia Gordonii, along with Hoodoba, the highest available quantity of original pure hoodia in any hoodia product on the market.
Desert Burn is one of the only companies that contain zero stimulants, additives, or absolutely no fillers. Another plus is that no side effects have been reported with this Hoodia product. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
More about DsertBurn -Till date only positive reviews have come out regarding products made by Desert Burn. Their positive reviews lead us to believe that Desert Burn is a company backed by honesty. They truly produce high quality products. This company receives raw Hoodia Gordonii for their products solely from South African farmers. By eliminating the brokers or other middlemen, they are able to manufacture the most effective Hoodia product out there today.
With Desert Burn there are no gimmicks just 100% authentic Hoodia Gordonii. With C.I.T.E.S. Certificate openly displayed on their label, you can be assured they are to be trusted. One of the honest companies that do not promote ridiculous claims of fat burning or increased metabolism, (Fact is hoodia can only help you control your appetite and not in burning fat) their products have left many customers satisfied, by suppressing appetite.
3. Hoodia Prime - Of the hundreds of brands available today, there are only a few that contain more than 400mg of authentic (authentic being the key word) hoodia gordonii per capsule and Hoodia Prime is one of them. It is one of the more potent appetite suppressants you’ll find.
There can be other companies selling honest hoodia products online - But till date we have been able to identify and single out the companies listed above as selling honest hoodia products.
So remember, do your homework before trusting any company out there and using above companies that have been around for a while, have their products randomly tested from independent authorities and have valid CITES certificate of import of pure hoodia will be your best bet. Don’t take any chances by buying any hoodia product other than those mentioned above.
Remember -Appetite suppressants like hoodia do aid in appetite control and thereby weight loss, but to achieve the maximum results one should combine it with diet and a proper exercise program. When used properly these products can be quite effective and Hoodia has been considered to be a safe supplement and can assist you in your weight loss needs as long as you are willing to give it a try and follow our guide. Therefore, until the next great supplement hits the shelves you can buy Hoodia (Only purchase pure hoodia products) and feel confident that it will help you reach your weight loss goals.
History of Hoodia Gordonii diet pills
The popularity of the hoodia gordonii diet pills skyrocketed since the CBS documentary that seemed to solidify its place as a complementary diet product. To understand a little better, there are some things that you need to know.
Where do the pills and products come from?
The tribal populations of the desert of Kalahari Hoodia have eaten hoodia for hundreds of years. In the desert there is always a lack of food and water. The San Bushmen in the Kalahari Desert eat the Hoodia succulent plant by picking off a piece before a hunting trip or period of time they know they won’t have much food to eat. By consuming Hoodia they ensured that they will not be hungry for the entire day. This of course is very helpful when you are living in the desert and the availability of food is very scarce.
When the scientists heard people speaking of the potential of the hoodia plant, they got curious of course. A group of British scientists then travelled to Africa to investigate the rumors of this plant Hoodia Gordonii. What they found was a powerful suppressor of the appetite that was called a miracle even by some fitness experts. Demand of Hoodia skyrocketed and many companies started on with the selling of hoodia products and to attract the consumers, various forms and kinds of products were manufactured.
When Hoodia started to become popular as an appetite suppressant, demand was high and there was a sudden shortage of raw material. So, the South African Hoodia suppliers, began supplying counterfeit material containing the hoodia plant-roots, silica, leaves and other filler stuff. So, eventually, a lot of companies that you see online selling hoodia pills are actually making false claims about their true hoodia content.
There are thirteen species of Hoodia which are available in Southern Africa but only “Gordonii” has the desirable natural components for losing weight. You have to realize that there are many scam artists out there and if one buys the contemptible fake hoodia pills or products sold by general mass out of their place that one sees on EBAY, and in the Yahoo and Google ads one will not get the desired results. There are only a few hoodia products that get the job done!Also beware of any website that lists a number of hoodia diet pills companies and then gives them a rating. Such tactic is employed by companies trying to increase their reputation and placing self serving hoodia products recommendations at the top of the list. Too bad, many people fall on to such scams.
Hoodia appetite suppressant is available in the shape of diet-pills, patches, capsules and liquid. Only British pharmacy company Phytopharm is licensed and has to the technology of extraction of P-57 from Hoodia Gordonii plants.
Hoodia gordonii Diet Patch
Any intelligent consumer should avoid Hoodia patches. Why not, the Hoodia diet patch?
Most of the Hoodia diet patch products that we have seen, say their product is more effective than hoodia pills or capsules, as they enter your blood faster, without passing through the stomach, and therefore provide faster and better results. Such claims are very similar to other patches sold online like such as the famous nicotine patch or birth control patch. The theory of the ingredients passing into blood stream directly is vague and the results of such products are not clinically proven. As a result, there is no evidence that hoodia patch works, let alone work better than hoodia pills and capsules, regardless of what some of these manufactures of hoodia patches say. Most of them are making unethical unproven claims. Some companies have gone to the extent that consumers need a prescription to “buy” a hoodia patch and they provide free consultation and prescription online after making you fill some forms. These all are marketing tactics: just to look authentic. The fact is:- Hoodia, unlike viagra, isn’t a drug and does not require a prescription.
Secondly, The Sans Bushmen, the tribe in southern Africa (who have been using hoodia for thousands of years to control their hunger and first discovered its properties) has always eaten the hoodia species : cut a piece of the plant, skin and eat the hoodia kernel to suppress appetite. What would be closer to what the Sans Bushmen do: stick a patch on the body or swallowing a capsule that has ingredients of the Hoodia plant ?
Thirdly Phytopharm, the company that owns the patent rights for the active ingredient in Hoodia gordonii, called P57, (which was part of clinical double-blind, placebo-controlled study on Hoodia and this component) is an extract from Hoodia gordonii - and NOT a component in any hoodia patch.
In short, the possibility of getting scammed when you are trying to buy hoodia diet patch increases manifold. The bottom line is:- go for the hoodia gordonii diet pills.
Please refer above for the companies to look for!
Further Actions you can take to avoid Hoodia scams
1. Call your credit card company and dispute the charges if ever you experience scam. Any cheap hoodia product be it any form like spray, patches, gums must be avoided.
2. See whether a hoodia product is authenticated by a current verifiable Independent Lab Report (almost always performed by labs like Alkemists Pharmceuticals) verifying the origin and quality of the hoodia in the product. Learn more about CITES certificate.
3. Avoid any product that lists fillers, additives, bulking agents and any active ingredients other than hoodia.
4. Beware of FREE TRIAL offers for hoodia presently being blasted with email campaigns allover the Internet. These are all promotional gimmicks and many are outright SCAMS. By accepting the free offer, you agree to receive hoodia products on an ongoing basis regardless of they work for you or not and your credit card will be automatically charged every month without you initiating the purchase.
5. Select an established company that has a toll free number to ask questions, or place order, a physical address, independent testing of their products for purity,contaminants, a good refund policy,a customer service phone number, not just an email address.
6. Last but not least, tell us about any hoodia product that you tried and how it went. For submitting reviews or for any other questions, please use contact form.
Web Reference - Business Directory - Sitemap